A Controller with SmithWorx is responsible for oversight and management of the financial well-being of the company. The ideal candidate is experienced in all aspects of financial planning, bookkeeping, A/R, and A/P management.
SmithWorx works with businesses to incorporate contemporary furniture solutions that promote a healthy, creative, and collaborative work environment. Our staff is a team of self-driven individuals who enjoy working together to create a fun, productive, goal-oriented office environment. We are aligned with quality furniture manufacturers including Kimball, Inscape, OFS Brands, AIS, KI, Global, Bernhardt, and over 100 others.
• Management of general ledger accounting to include journal entries, reconciling financial statements and accounts, and ensuring data accuracy.
• Financial analysis and/or reconciliation of General Ledger accounts, identifying problematic issues, researching and identifying solutions, and taking appropriate action to resolve identified problems
• Overseeing and Managing invoicing of customers, tracking payments, and collecting of outstanding receivables.
• Overseeing and Managing payments to vendors
• Payroll and Commission management for employees
• Running project profitability reports
• Providing input and guidance on budgeting and cash flow projections
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal/customer service skills.
• Ability to process computer data and to format and generate reports.
• Proficient in office computer software use (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Adobe)
• Proficient knowledge of Quickbooks with willingness to adapt/learn other financial software platforms as required
• Excellent time management skills.
• Handle multiple projects with deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Project a professional demeanor as well as using tact when dealing with others.
• Excellent organizational skills required
The ideal candidate would have a minimum of 5+ years’ experience in accounting/finance.
This is a full-time position and the candidate must be prepared to work a 40-hour week, although hours may be more or less depending on workload. Candidate will work at the office and report directly to the Principal/Owner.
Simple IRA Retirement Plan w/Employer contribution match
Contact Cort Smith, Managing Principal, 703.928.2339, email@example.com